Friday 3 January 2014

Dec 28th - MDF Kitchen Cabinets and cutting Ikea Lagan Wooden Worktops

Once the Christmas presents came out of the van and Christmas was over I did some drawings of the kitchen cabinets and took a trip to Bognor Regis B&Q where I'd heard they did a wood cutting service.

Its certainly a service I'd use again as I handed my post it notes over and 10 mins later was able to walk a bunch of perfectly cut 18mm MDF to the till and easily get it into the car.  I could've cut it at home, but I'd never have got two 2.4m by 1.2m sheets of MDF into the car.  Plus, I'd never have got the lines so clean and straight.

So the cupboards screwed together in a matter of minutes and I turned my attention to using my circular skill saw for the first time and making up a jig to cut the 2.6m and 1.2m solid wood worktops I'd brought from Ikea previously.

This was also pretty painless and I ended up with two nice neat cut worktops ready for placement on top of the units.

The girls have been given the job of oiling these and managed two coats before we finished for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment