Thursday 16 January 2014

16 Jan - Weekly Update

This week I've had a visit from a coachworker to discuss securing the rear seats into the van. Nothing simple is it.  Having been informed that he's seen old vehicles come along with screws holding seats into wood and the main emphasis on securing the anchor for the seat belt he did confirm that the aim obviously with family members is to be as secure as poss.

We've got plenty of crossmembers to weld fixings too, so he's left me with the task of removing the chamber for the paraffin heater and freeing up some space for him to work when the time comes.  I'll continue the fit out and then take it in for welding once she is on the road.

I've also decided that going into the cab to turn the lights on and off is daft, so I purchased some small 12v switches and have rewired the internal lights so that each one has its own switch.  Now I can leave the cab switches in the on position and simply switch each and every light independantly of one another.

The kitchen doors arrived today and I am waiting for the arrival of some door hardware so I can remove the current rear door locks and replace with nicer ones.

Also ordered is some fibreglass resin and paste so I can finish repairing the holes where the old fridge and oven vents were.

Slowly but surely we are making progress although it doesn't really feel like it at the moment.  March and the Sunshine is coming ever closer.

Another seat to build this weekend, the front passenger seat to bolt in and then its time to measure up for the seat wood, wall panels and also the electrics.

All good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment